The Original Curiosity Camp will be housed in this beautiful estate located at 24060 Christanna Hwy, Alberta, Virginia. The main house was built in the early 1800’s by Levi Abernathy, the great great grandfather of Miss Ava. Mr. Levi was a share cropper.
The estate features the main house and several smaller outside buildings. An addition was added in 1930 connecting the main house with the kitchen by Mr. Hill Abernathy who was the youngest son of Mr. Levi.
Mr. Hill and his wife, Amorette had two daughters, Virgina Lee and Hilda. Because they lived on an active farm, they invited a small boy named Charlie to come and live with them to help with the crops. His little cottage still stands.
The estate is owned by Mr. Hill’s grandson who has graciously agreed to allow The Original Curiosity Camp to renovate it and set up a children’s hands on science center to serve southside Virginia.